How Much Does It Cost For Driveway Cleaning Orlando in 2023?
The typical cost for pressure washing an Orlando driveway falls within the range of $100 to $500, with most homeowners paying around $300. However, the actual cost can vary depending on factors such as the size and type of driveway. If you choose to hire a professional service, labor costs will also be a consideration. To ensure proper budgeting and enhance your curb appeal, it’s essential to learn about the various factors influencing the cost of pressure washing a driveway.
Distinguishing Pressure Washing and Power Washing
While people often use the terms “pressure washing” and “power washing” interchangeably, they refer to different services. Pressure washing employs high-pressure cold water to clean surfaces, while power washing utilizes high-pressure hot water.
Power washing is more effective in dealing with tough stains like grease and oil, making it slightly costlier than pressure washing. Typically, pressure washing costs range from $0.20 to $0.40 per square foot, while power washing costs between $0.40 to $0.55 per square foot.
Factors Affecting the Cost of Pressure Washing an Orlando Driveway
Several factors influence the overall cost of pressure washing a driveway in Orlando, including the size and type of the driveway, as well as its current condition.
- Driveway Size: The size of the driveway is a significant cost determinant, as many professionals charge based on square footage. Generally, larger driveways will incur higher pressure washing expenses.
- Driveway Material: The driveway material also plays a role in the cost variation, as certain materials are more challenging to clean than others. Concrete and asphalt, with their relatively smooth surfaces, are easier and less expensive to clean compared to gravel and paver driveways, which require more effort to remove dirt and grime between the stones.
- Driveway Condition: If your driveway has severe damage or deep cracks, it may require repairs before pressure washing to avoid exacerbating the issues. Additionally, extensive stains, mold, or weeds may necessitate additional cleaning solutions and mold/weed removal costs on top of pressure washing.
- Labor: Hiring a local pressure washing company for driveway cleaning will involve labor costs ranging from $60 to $125 per hour. The job typically takes one to two hours to complete, but larger or more damaged driveways may take longer.
Cost of Pressure Washing an Orlando Driveway by Material
Different driveway materials come with varying costs for driveway cleaning Orlando:
- Concrete: Pressure washing a 600-square-foot concrete driveway typically costs between $120 and $190. The porous nature of concrete often requires a concrete-safe cleaning solution and a high-pressure setting on the washer.
- Asphalt: Cleaning a 600-square-foot asphalt driveway usually costs between $125 and $195. Asphalt needs to be pressure washed on a lower setting, so pre-treatment with cleaning solutions may be necessary to break up stains and dirt.
- Brick: Pressure washing a 600-square-foot brick driveway ranges from $130 to $200. While brick can handle high-pressure cleaning, the mortar between the bricks tends to accumulate dirt, leading to longer cleaning times.
- Paver: The cost of pressure washing paver driveways usually ranges from $135 to $210. Pavers often have intricate patterns and cracks, requiring the water to work through, and unsealed pavers may need a low-pressure setting to avoid damage.
- Gravel: Pressure washing a gravel driveway costs approximately $135 to $210. Cleaning gravel requires skill to avoid displacing the gravel, necessitating either a high-pressure setting from a distance or a low-pressure setting up close.
Additional Costs to Consider
In some cases, additional services or materials beyond the pressure washer are necessary:
- Driveway Sealing: After pressure washing, adding a sealant to the driveway helps maintain its appearance for a longer time. The cost of sealing a driveway ranges from $250 to $770, and you must ensure the driveway is completely dry before applying the sealant.
- Driveway Preparation: For driveways in poor condition, preparation costs, such as repairs, may need to be factored into the budget. Asphalt driveway repairs for significant damage can cost between $1,000 and $3,600, while addressing small cracks or holes may range from $100 to $300.
- Pressure Washer Rental Costs: If you decide to handle the pressure washing yourself and don’t own a pressure washer, you’ll need to budget for rental costs. Typically, renting a pressure washer costs between $50 and $100 per day, but one day should suffice for the job.
- Degreaser and Detergent: Stubborn stains like grease and oil may require the use of degreasers and detergents before pressure washing, potentially increasing labor costs. However, if you’re doing it yourself, these solvents can be purchased for $10 to $20.
Comparing the Cost of DIY Pressure Washing vs. Hiring a Contractor
Choosing to pressure wash the driveway yourself may save money, but there are DIY costs to consider. Renting a pressure washer from a local hardware store usually costs between $50 to $100 per day, and you may also need to purchase cleaning solvents for large stains, which cost between $10 and $20 per bottle.
For small driveways with minimal preparation work, hiring a professional pressure washing Orlando service may cost a similar amount as the DIY approach, including rental and solvent expenses. However, for larger driveways or those requiring extensive preparation, hiring a pro could become more expensive due to the increased time and labor required. Hiring a professional, though, can save time and potential issues, as experienced professionals know how to efficiently pressure wash driveways.